Lemon Fools may have a funny sounding name, but there is nothing funny about them. Other than how ridiculously easy they are to make.
This particular day, I was making this dessert to take to a book club meeting, so you will see me pack up these components and serve them in another location.
An hour or more ahead of time, stick your mixing bowl and beater(s) in the freezer to chill them thoroughly.
In a small mixing bowl place 3/4 cup lemon curd. Lemon curd can normally be found near the jelly in the grocery store.
To that, you are going to add some lemon liqueur. You will begin with 2 tablespoons.
With a small whisk, beat these together until smooth. You want it to be the consistency of thick mustard. If it is still thick, add another teaspoon or 2 of the liqueur.
Now set that aside, and retrieve your chilled bowl and beaters from the freezer.
Pour in 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream.
Add to that, 3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar.
Turn your mixer on medium-high, and beat it until you have reached the stiff peak stage.
Now take about 2/3 of your lemon curd mixture and add it to the bowl. With a spatula, you are going to gently fold the mixture, just until it is swirled around.
I then put it into a dish so I could take it with me.
Now, zest a lemon….
I packed it up in a little jar.
I also packed up the rest of the curd mixture.
Now there is one more part to this treat, but I had to pick it up at the store on the way to the book club.
To put this all together…..in a small dish, scoop about 1/3 cup of the beautiful whipped goodness, and then gently spoon a little of the lemon curd sauce on top.
Sprinkle on a little of the lemon zest.
And now for the final touch….Butter Waffle Cookies. Break one of the wafers into a couple large pieces and stick them into the dish, and take one small piece and crumble it on top.
This is the perfect spring or summer dessert. Very refreshing.
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 2 Tb lemon liqueur like limoncello (or a little more if needed)
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tb powdered sugar
- zest of a wholelLemon
- 1 package waffle butter cookies
- To begin, chill a mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for an hour before preparing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon curd and liqueur until smooth. This should be the consistency of thick mustard. Add a little more liqueur as needed. Set aside.
- In the chilled mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar together until it just reaches the stiff peak stage.
- Gently fold in about 2/3 of the lemon curd mixture. Only swirl it around, don’t combine it completely.
- To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup of the whipped mixture into a small dessert dish.
- Top with a teaspoon or so of the lemon curd sauce.
- Sprinkle with some lemon zest.
- Take a waffle cookie, and break it into a couple large pieces, sticking most of the cookie into the dish. Take one piece of the cookie and crumble it over the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 112mg Sodium: 147mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 23g Protein: 4g