As I sit here and type this, Alabama is finally giving me the tiniest hint of Autumn making its way here. This quick bread is lightly sweet, and is perfect with your coffee on a cool Autumn morning.
To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 5×9 loaf pan, and set it aside.
In a bowl, combine 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1.2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Stir it together and set it aside.
Dice a Granny Smith apple into 1/2 inch pieces, discarding the core.
In you mixing bowl, beat together one egg, a cup of real maple syrup, and 1/4 c vegetable (or extra virgin olive) oil.
Add in your dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
Fold in your apples, along with 1/3 cup chopped pecans.
Spread the batter in your loaf pan. Bake in for 50-60 minutes or until it tests done in the center with a toothpick.
Cool the bread in the pan for about 10-15 minutes.
Run a knife around the sides, and remove it to cool…or enjoy it warm!
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored & diced
- 1/4 c cooking oil
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
- To begin, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- In your mixing bowl, whisk egg, oil and syrup together.
- Stir dry ingredients into apple mixture.
- Fold in the apple and pecans.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan about 10-15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and remove to a cooling rack and cool completely...or not.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g