Paleo-friendly, moist and delicious brownies. You don’t have to give up dessert just because you are paleo. Simply do it in a smart way.
These brownies have a very light and airy cake-like texture. They may be missing things like gluten, grains and processed sugar…but these brownies are certainly not lacking in flavor!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 2/3 c cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 c pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c paleo dark chocolate, such as Nohmad Raw Dark Chocolate, chopped
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. I use a spring form pan so I only need to line the bottom. If using a traditional pan, line the sides as well.
- In a bowl, stir together the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside for a moment.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add in the coconut sugar, maple syrup coconut oil and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined
- Stir in the chocolate pieces
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center is set. Do not over bake
- Cool the brownies in the pan on a cooling rack until completely cool before cutting into bars. (About 2 hours)
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Shop this Post:
This recipe was originally shared on my paleo blog and relocated here.