Paleo-friendly, moist and delicious brownies. You don’t have to give up dessert just because you are paleo. Simply do it in a smart way.
These brownies have a very light and airy cake-like texture. They may be missing things like gluten, grains and processed sugar…but these brownies are certainly not lacking in flavor!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 2/3 c cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 c pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c paleo dark chocolate (such as Nohmad Raw Dark Chocolate), chopped
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. I use a spring form pan so I only need to line the bottom. If using a traditional pan, line the sides as well.
- In a bowl, stir together the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside for a moment.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add in the coconut sugar, maple syrup coconut oil and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined
- Stir in the chocolate pieces
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center is set. Do not over bake
- Cool the brownies in the pan on a cooling rack until completely cool before cutting into bars. (About 2 hours)
It is very important for all of the ingredients to be room temperature. If you combine the melted coconut oil with something cold (eggs, syrup) it will "chunk up" and not mix in properly. I set the eggs out a few hours prior to baking, and warm the syrup and coconut oil together in a saucepan over very low heat until the coconut oil melts into the syrup. You don't want these hot, just melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Protein: 3g
Shop this Post:
This recipe was originally shared on my paleo blog and relocated here.