Sometimes you want a Philly Cheese Steak but have a crazy busy day ahead.
That’s okay, because you can toss the ingredients for these sandwiches in your slow cooker and come back later to a delicious meal.
Today I shared the recipe for these flavorful sandwiches over at Hip Homeschool Moms. See the recipe HERE.
- 2½ lb beef steaks (round or chuck)
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 c beef broth
- sliced Swiss or Provolone Cheese
- rolls for serving
- To begin, cut the beef into strips.
- Place the beef strips in your slow cooker. Add in the grated garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper.
- Slice the onion. Cut it into strips vertically. This will allow the onion to hold some of its texture while it cooks instead of turning into mush.
- Cut the green bell pepper into strips.
- Add those to the slow cooker, along the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- To serve, place a couple slices of Swiss or provolone cheese on the bottom half of your roll. Pop it in the toaster oven for half a minute or so to melt the cheese. This is totally optional, but I just adore gooey cheese. Scoop some of your beef, peppers & onions on top and cover with the other half of the roll.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 122mg Sodium: 358mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 34g