These slow cooker fajitas are delicious, full of flavor, and oh so easy!
I originally shared this recipe over at Hip Homeschool Moms.
Slow Cooker Fajitas
Easy Steak Fajitas made right in your slow cooker. This is a great recipe for a busy day.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 7 hours
Total Time 7 hours 10 minutes
- 2½ lb (approximately) beef flank steak
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp fine salt, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- ⅓ c soy sauce
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 2 Tb grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 12 oz. cola
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- flour tortillas for serving
- sour cream, optional
- guacamole, optional
- To begin, cut the flank steak in half cross-ways. Sprinkle each half with ½ teaspoon each of the salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Lightly spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray, and then stack the steak halves inside.
- Cut the red onion, green bell pepper and sweet red bell pepper into strips (discarding the seeds and stems of course.) Toss the strips into the slow cooker, on top of the flank steak.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, tomato paste, minced garlic, grated ginger and cola. Whisk these together. If you would like a little “heat,” add in the red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the contents of the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Carefully remove the steak pieces to a cutting board and shred it with two forks. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker and stir it in with the peppers and onion.
- Serve, wrapped in flour tortillas with some sour cream or guacamole if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 935mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.