Snowball Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie. I mean just look at them! Don’t they just scream “snowball fights and ice skating” to you?
When I think of winter cookies, Snow Ball cookies are one of the first ones that come to mind.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
You’ll need to very finely chop 3/4 of a cup of pecans. Set those aside.
In a bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cup of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Set that aside for the moment.
In your mixing bowl, beat together 2 sticks (1 cup) of room temperature butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1/2 cup of sifted powdered sugar. Beat them until nice and fluffy.
Add in your flour mixture and mix until just combined.
Stir in your pecans.
The dough for these cookies is a rather dry dough. You will form these into little balls, just larger than an inch in diameter. I use my small cookie scoop and gently press the dough together, smoothing the tops.
These cookies rise very little, so you only need to leave about an inch and a half between them. I’ll prepare about 20 at a time on a standard cookie sheet. Bake these for 15 minutes until just barely golden on the edges.
Remove them to a cooling rack and cool completely.
When the cookies are cooled, roll them around in some powdered sugar to coat them.
Repeat the process with all of the dough.
- 3/4 c very finely chopped pecans
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 c 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- extra powdered sugar for coating
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, sift together your flour and salt. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls with a cookie scoop, pressing them smooth with your fingers. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch and a half apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just barely golden on the edges.
- Cool on a baking rack.
- Roll in powdered sugar to coat. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.