To begin, place 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken in your crockpot. You can use breasts or thighs – whichever you have on hand.
Dice an onion and green bell pepper and toss them in onto the chicken.
Sprinkle in a half teaspoon of smoked paprika.
A teaspoon of ground cumin.
A teaspoon of salt.
And a teaspoon of Ancho chile powder.
Over the top, pour in a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies and a can of diced tomatoes with lime & cilantro. If you can’t find the tomatoes with lime and cilantro, just use two cans of the other.
Spread those over the top of the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
When you come home, your house is going to be smelling ahhhh-mazing.
Grab two forks and simply pull the chicken apart to shred it.
Add in a can of black beans that have been rinsed and drained, as well as 4 cups of cooked rice. Use white or brown rice, whichever you prefer.
Stir those in and cover again. Let this cook together for a few minutes – until the rice and beans are heated through. Go pet the dog, check homework or set the table in the meantime.
Serve topped with some shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey-Jack, etc.) and some guacamole or sour cream.
Crockpot Spicy Chicken and Rice
- 1½ pound boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 can, 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can, 10 oz diced tomatoes with lime & cilantro
- 1 can, 15 oz black beans
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or Monterrey Jack, Colby, etc.
- 1 cup guacamole or sour cream
- To begin, place your chicken in your crockpot. Dice your onion and bell pepper and sprinkle them over the chicken.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings and salt.
- Spread the canned seasoned tomatoes over the top of it all.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Grab two forks and pull the chicken apart into pieces.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Add the black beans and cooked rice to the crockpot.
- Stir it all together and let it cook a few more minutes or until the beans and rice are heated through.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese and guacamole or sour cream.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.