How to make your own Texas Toast at home.
There’s no need to buy the box in the freezer section, when it is ridiculously easy to make it at home.
to begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Take a loaf of your favorite crusty bread…Italian, French, etc. and slice it up into 1 inch-thick slices.
Lay them on a baking sheet.
In a bowl, combine a third of a cup of room-temperature butter…
…with a half teaspoon of garlic powder
and a teaspoon of dry oregano.
Next you’ll stir in about a half cup of shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can also mix some shredded mozzarella in this.
Mash it all together with a fork, and spread it on all of the bread slices.
Bake it in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and it is just beginning to get a little golden.
Now isn’t that “stupid-easy”?
- 1 loaf Italian of French bread
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- ½ c shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your loaf into 1 inch-thick slices, and lay them on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the bread slices.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to get a bit golden.