Tasty lemon muffins with a lemon curd filling and delicious crumb topping.
There’s just something about lemon treats that I love lately. Maybe because they just taste so light and “Springy” and remind me that Winter is ending and the sun has returned.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with papers. Set aside.
Begin melting 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted Butter. You’ll want this to melt and then cool a couple minutes before you use it.
In a bowl, combine a cup and a half of Flour, a cup of Sugar, and a quarter teaspoon each of Baking Soda and Salt.
In your mixing bowl, combine 2 Eggs…
And a half cup of Sour Cream…
Mix those together, and then with the mixer running on low, pour in your melted butter.
Add in 2 teaspoons of Lemon Zest.
And a teaspoon of juice from the lemon. You aren’t done with the lemon yet, so set it aside for now.
Now mix in your dry ingredients, half at a time, until just combined.
Take your batter and spoon a little bit into the bottom of each muffin paper, about a tablespoon or so. The batter will be a little thick, so spread it around to cover the bottom.
Next, spoon a teaspoon of Lemon Curd onto the batter in each cup.
Top with the remaining batter.
These aren’t ready for the oven quite yet…there’s one more thing to do first.
In a food processor (or a bowl with a pastry blender) combine 1/2 c Flour, 1/2 c Sugar, and 3 tablespoons of cold butter that have been cut into pieces.
Pulse these together until the mixture looks like course crumbs.
Spoon the topping over all of the muffins.
Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins test done with a toothpick.
Remove them from the pan, and allow them to begin cooling on a rack.
Now there is one last step.
In a small bowl, combine a third cup of Powdered Sugar and about a tablespoon of juice from the lemon, and whisk them together until smooth. Add a little extra juice if you need to.
Drizzle it over the tops of the muffins while they are still warm.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 12 tsplemon curd
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 Tb cold butter (unsalted,) cut into cold pieces
- 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with papers, and set aside.
- Begin melting your butter. You want this melted, but not hot when you use it.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, blend together your eggs and sour cream.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in your melted butter.
- Zest a lemon, and add 2 teaspoons of the zest into the sour cream mixture, along with the teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add in the dry ingredients, half at a time until just combined.
- Spread a tablespoon of batter over the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Place a teaspoon of lemon curd in each muffin cup, and then add the remaining batter to the cups.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar and butter for the topping, until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Spoon the crumb mixture over the tops.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until the muffins test done with a toothpick.
- Remove them from the pan, and allow them to begin cooling.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and remaining lemon juice together until smooth, and drizzle it over the tops of the warm muffins.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 7g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.