Herbed Lemon Potato Salad is a fresh and flavorful twist on a summer classic.
This is the latest in my ever-growing collection of potato salad recipes. No summer festivities are complete without one. With fresh lemon, shallots and fresh herbs, this tangy dish will be a fast favorite for your spring and summer meals.
- 3 lb red potatoes (organic)
- 2 qt water
- 2 Tb white vinegar
- 1½ tsp sea salt, divided
- ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (organic)
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tb minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tb minced fresh chives
- 2 Tb minced shallot
- To begin, wash and cut the potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Do not peel the potatoes, only remove any rough patches.
- Place the cut potatoes, water, vinegar and 1 tsp sea salt in a Dutch oven or other large pot. Bring the potatoes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are just fork tender.
- While they are cooking, zest the lemon into a dish with the extra virgin olive oil. Juice the lemon into the dish. Add the remaining ½ tsp salt and the black pepper. Whisk these together with a vinaigrette whisk or other fine whisk until the dressing has emulsified. Set aside for now.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them in a colander, then place them in a shallow dish with sides. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the hot potatoes and turn them gently to coat. Allow the potatoes to rest until they have come to room temperature.
- Sprinkle in the minced parsley, chives and shallot. Gently fold to combine.
For more easy springtime inspired recipes, check out this collection:
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 6:00 pm CST/7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.