Herbed Lemon Potato Salad is a fresh and flavorful twist on a summer classic.
This is the latest in my ever-growing collection of potato salad recipes. No summer festivities are complete without one.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
This potato salad is a little different, in that it is a no mayo potato salad. It has tons of flavor without being a creamy version.
With fresh lemon, shallots and fresh herbs, this tangy dish will be a fast favorite for your spring and summer meals.
To Make This Potato Salad You Will Need:
- red potatoes (organic)
- white vinegar
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- fresh parsley
- fresh chives
- mixing bowl
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
- 3 lb red potatoes (organic)
- 2 qt water
- 2 Tb white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (organic)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tb minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tb minced fresh chives
- 2 Tb minced shallot
- To begin, wash and cut the potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Do not peel the potatoes, only remove any rough patches.
- Place the cut potatoes, water, vinegar and 1 tsp sea salt in a Dutch oven or other large pot. Bring the potatoes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are just fork tender.
- While they are cooking, zest the lemon into a dish with the extra virgin olive oil. Juice the lemon into the dish. Add the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and the black pepper. Whisk these together with a vinaigrette whisk or other fine whisk until the dressing has emulsified. Set aside for now.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them in a colander, then place them in a shallow dish with sides. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the hot potatoes and turn them gently to coat. Allow the potatoes to rest until they have come to room temperature.
- Sprinkle in the minced parsley, chives and shallot. Gently fold to combine.
Cook time includes cooling period.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This post was originally written in 2017 and updated in 2021.