Fresh apple cider makes these Apple Pie Floats the ultimate autumn treat.
You really can’t get any easier than these floats. And once you taste one, you’ll wonder how it can even be legal! It’s that good.
This batch makes 2 servings, but feel free to double or triple this for company. You can also prepare the cider in advance and keep it in the fridge to serve at your autumn parties.
In a saucepan, combine 2 cups of fresh apple cider, 1/4 cup orange juice, a cinnamon stick and 2 whole cloves. Bring the cider to a gentler simmer over medium heat. Turn the temperature all the way down to low, and let it get happy for about 10-15 minutes. Remove it from the heat and let it cool a little while. You don’t want you ice cream to instantly melt. Discard the cinnamon stick and cloves.
To serve, scoop some vanilla ice cream and pour the cooled cider over the top.
That’s it! You’re going to thank me for this one, I’m telling you!
P.S. Add a splash of bourbon, and you’ll have yourself a pretty snazzy adult beverage too….
Apple Pie Float
- 2 c fresh apple cider
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine the fresh apple cider, orange juice, cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Bring the cider to a gentler simmer over medium heat.
- Turn the temperature all the way down to low, and let it get happy for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool a little while. You don't want you ice cream to instantly melt.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Scoop some vanilla ice cream into a serving glass, and pour the cider mixture over the top.
- Enjoy, and you're welcome! :)
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.