Bacon and Waffles. Can you think of anything more perfect? How about putting them together and making Bacon Waffles in honor of National Waffle Day?
These waffles start with – of course – some bacon. I like to use a good, thick bacon.
Soured milk gives these waffles a nice mock sour dough taste.
You can make these in a standard waffle maker or a Belgian waffle maker. I love my round one, because it flips to spread the batter and has a built-in timer.
You can watch these waffles being made in the video here.
Enjoy these delicious waffles topped with a pat of butter and some real maple syrup. These would also be perfect with some fried chicken for “Chicken & Bacon Waffles.” Let you imagination run wild!
I seriously love waffles, and have shared several recipes for them here on Cosmopolitan Cornbread.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- 5 slices, thick cut bacon
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1 1/2 Tb lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 Tb baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 1¾ c flour
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter, melted
- To begin, fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease. Set aside for now.
- In your measuring cup, combine the milk and lemon juice. Set that aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add in the soured milk and give it a quick stir.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Then add in the flour and mix until the batter is smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Now for the bacon. Cut the bacon into thin slices, or dice it. Whichever you prefer. Add the cut bacon to the waffle batter and stir it together.
- Now make them according to your waffle-maker instructions.
Serving Size:1, 8 inch waffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 1064mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.