Bacon and Waffles. Can you think of anything more perfect? How about putting them together and making Bacon Waffles in honor of National Waffle Day?
These waffles start with – of course – some bacon. I like to use a good, thick bacon.
Soured milk gives these waffles a nice mock sour dough taste.
You can make these in a standard waffle maker or a Belgian waffle maker. I love my round one, because it flips to spread the batter and has a built-in timer.
You can watch these waffles being made in the video here.
Enjoy these delicious waffles topped with a pat of butter and some real maple syrup. These would also be perfect with some fried chicken for “Chicken & Bacon Waffles.” Let you imagination run wild!
- 5 slices, thick cut bacon
- 1½ c milk
- 1½ Tb lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 Tb baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 1¾ c flour
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter, melted
- To begin, fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease. Set aside for now.
- In your measuring cup, combine the milk and lemon juice. Set that aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add in the soured milk and give it a quick stir.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Then add in the flour and mix until the batter is smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Now for the bacon. Cut the bacon into thin slices, or dice it. Whichever you prefer. Add the cut bacon to the waffle batter and stir it together.
- Now make them according to your waffle-maker instructions.
But as far as I’m concerned, you can never have enough waffles, so here’s a whole gob of waffle recipes to inspire you!
Sweet and Sinful:
- Apple Fritter Waffles from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebobs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Korean Fried Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
This recipe was also shared in the Meal Plan Monday link-up at Southern Plate.