Classic and delicious Buttermilk Pancakes are a great way to start your morning off right.
Looking back, I can recall many a morning as I grew up, that I started off with pancakes. Of course now as an adult, I’ll even make them for a fun supper once in a while. There are no rules when it comes to pancakes. You will love these fluffy, classics!
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tb sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/4 c buttermilk
- butter or oil for cooking
- To begin, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar together in a bowl. Give it a stir with a whisk to combine. Set that aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add in the extra virgin olive oil and the buttermilk. Mix until this is just combined and smooth.
- To make the pancakes, heat your griddle over medium heat. (I use an electric griddle set to 350 degrees.) Lightly coat the griddle with butter or oil (whichever you prefer) and using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion out the pancakes, giving them plenty of room to "grow."
- Cook until the pancakes are bubbling on top, and slightly dry in the edges. This will take 2-4 minutes depending on how hot your griddle is. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook them on the other side until golden.
- Repeat with all of the batter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 762mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 11g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.