Classic and delicious Buttermilk Pancakes are a great way to start your morning off right.
Looking back, I can recall many a morning as I grew up, that I started off with pancakes. Of course now as an adult, I’ll even make them for a fun supper once in a while. There are no rules when it comes to pancakes. You will love these fluffy, classics!
Classic Buttermilk Pancakes
Classic and delicious, old-fashioned Buttermilk pancakes.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tb sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/4 c buttermilk
- butter or oil for cooking
- To begin, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar together in a bowl. Give it a stir with a whisk to combine. Set that aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add in the extra virgin olive oil and the buttermilk. Mix until this is just combined and smooth.
- To make the pancakes, heat your griddle over medium heat. (I use an electric griddle set to 350 degrees.) Lightly coat the griddle with butter or oil (whichever you prefer) and using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion out the pancakes, giving them plenty of room to "grow."
- Cook until the pancakes are bubbling on top, and slightly dry in the edges. This will take 2-4 minutes depending on how hot your griddle is. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook them on the other side until golden.
- Repeat with all of the batter.
Serving: 1cCalories: 377kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 11gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 762mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13g
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Did You Try This?I'd Love For You to Share it on Instagram and tag me! @CosmopolitanCornbread
4 thoughts on “Classic Buttermilk Pancakes”
Love the use of olive oil in these. I’ll be making these next time I make pancakes.
So easy! I think I need to stop buying Bisquick and use your recipe instead! :-)
There is NOTHING like a classic pancake!