This chili will warm you up in more ways than one. This is for those that like just a little heat in theirs.
Cook this in your crockpot for 4-5 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low, or until the beans are tender. Serve it with some cooked rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb stew meat (caribou, moose, venison or beef), cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 12 ounces Andouille sausage, split and sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 Tb cumin
- 1 Tb oregano
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tb oil
- 1-3 Chipotle peppers ins adobo Sauce, minced (according to taste)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2½ cups water
- 2½ cups dry navy beans, sorted & rinsed
- 1 Tb brown sugar
- 2 Tb soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (hickory flavor)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- cooked rice, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, oregano and cumin. Set that aside for now.
- In a skillet, heat your oil over medium heat. Sauté the bell peppers, onion and garlic until tender, with just a little bit of golden edges. Stir in the spices.
- In your slow-cooker, combine all of the ingredients except the rice. Stir it all together.
- Cook this in your for 4-5 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low, or until the beans are tender.
- Serve it with the cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 812Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 2014mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 17gSugar: 11gProtein: 64g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.