Cauliflower & Bacon Soup is an easy, one pot meal that cooks up in less than an hour. You will love the flavor in this veggie soup.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
I recently shared this photo on Instagram & Facebook and had a big reaction to it. Folks, you will seriously love this soup. It has the comforting feel of a potato soup, yet there’s not a potato in sight.
You can enjoy this quick-to-make soup any night of the week, without an ounce of guilt.
You can also make this with turkey bacon, like I do, to be biblically clean. If you do, add a little butter or duck fat to cook it in, as turkey bacon is very lean.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (See note)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic paste, (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut or broken into florets
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 c coconut milk, full fat canned, (or whole milk for non-paleo)
- To begin, saute the bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until it is golden.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop it out to a plate lined with paper towels, leaving the drippings in the pot.
- Toss in the diced oven and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in the garlic and let it cook for a minute.
- Add in the cauliflower, chicken broth, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring it to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Let this cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Pour in the milk.
- If you have an immersion blender, use that to puree the soup in the pot. If you do not have an immersion blender, allow the soup to cool a bit, then puree in batches in a blender and then reheat the soup.
- To serve, either stir in the bacon or top the individual servings with it. Whichever you choose.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Note: I no longer eat pork, however I am leaving recipes like this one up for those who enjoy it. Many pork recipes can be easily converted to turkey or chicken recipes, with little or even no other changes. Recipes with bacon or sausage can use alternatives like beef or turkey bacon. Article: Why I Quit Eating Pork
2 thoughts on “Cauliflower & Bacon Soup | Paleo”
Looks good and easy to make will be making this when I get to the store and find a good price for the Cauliflower….it’s usually so expensive in the winter…..but I like soup in the summer too….:)
I love soups all year long!