Cauliflower & Bacon Soup is an easy, one pot meal that cooks up in less than an hour. You will love the flavor in this veggie soup.
I recently shared this photo on Instagram & Facebook and had a big reaction to it. Folks, you will seriously love this soup. It has the comforting feel of a potato soup, yet there’s not a potato in sight.
You can enjoy this quick-to-make soup any night of the week, without an ounce of guilt.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic paste, (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut or broken into florets
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 c coconut milk (full fat canned), (or whole milk for non-paleo)
- To begin, saute the bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until it is golden.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop it out to a plate lined with paper towels, leaving the drippings in the pot.
- Toss in the diced oven and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in the garlic and let it cook for a minute.
- Add in the cauliflower, chicken broth, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring it to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Let this cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Pour in the milk.
- If you have an immersion blender, use that to puree the soup in the pot. If you do not have an immersion blender, allow the soup to cool a bit, then puree in batches in a blender and then reheat the soup.
- To serve, either stir in the bacon or top the individual servings with it. Whichever you choose.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1381mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 13g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.