This is one of the easiest meals you can possibly think of making. Busy night? You have time for this!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tb coconut oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 can (10 oz.) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 oz.) Rotel - with lime & cilantro (see note)
- 5 oz. shredded Colby-Jack cheese, divided
- flour tortillas
- sour cream
- To begin, cut the chicken breasts into ¾ inch pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set that aside for a moment.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat. Add in the chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through and slightly golden in spots.
- Pour in the enchilada sauce and can of Rotel. Cover your skillet and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile shred your cheese.
- Add a handful (about ⅓ cup) of the shredded cheese to the skillet and let it melt into the mixture. When it is all melted in, it’s done!
- Spoon the chicken & sauce into tortillas and top with a little extra cheese and some sour cream or guacamole…or both!
Rotel is a blend of diced tomatoes and green chilies. It is a widely available in most grocery stores. (I've never seen a store that didn't have it - from Alabama to Alaska.)
Rotel comes in a variety of styles: original, mild, hot and this lime & cilantro version. Use whichever floats your boat. If for some reason you can’t find it, just substitute with a can of diced tomatoes (15 oz.) and a small (4 oz.) can of diced green chilies. Other brands make similar versions as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 529mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.