A simple side dish of Chinese noodle beans, with sautéed onions and pepper.
Chinese noodle beans are a delicious veggie, but most people don’t know what to do with them. How to cook them, and what they taste like are the top two questions I get asked any time I mention growing them in the garden.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
In this episode, I share a simple recipe to make with the noodle beans. Watch me make it in the video, or you can simply scroll down to the printable version.
How to Cook Chinese Noodle Beans:
To make this Chinese Noodle Bean recipe you will need:
- Chinese noodle beans
- large pot of salted water for cooking
- coconut oil ( or other cooking oil)
- jalapeno pepper
- coconut aminos
- lime juice
- toasted sesame seeds
- ice water
- large skillet or wok
Find more Recipes that use the Garden Harvest.
Chinese Noodle Beans
- 1 lb red Chinese noodle beans, washed but not cut
- salted water for cooking
- 1 Tb coconut oil, or other cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tb lime juice
- 1 Tb toasted sesame seeds
- To being, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the whole noodle beans and cook for 3-5 minutes or until they are just tender.
- Drain the beans and immediately put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Again drain the beans. Let the beans sit in a colander to fully drain while you begin the next steps.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the coconut oil and cook the sliced onion until they are tender and slightly golden.
- Add in the minced garlic and jalapeno pepper and cook for just a minute.
- Add in the beans and cook for about 2 minutes, until they are hot.
- Add in the coconut aminos and lime juice, and toss to coat.
- Remove the beans from the heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.