This Creole Potato Salad is going to be a new favorite of yours. Love potato salad but want something a little different? This is it!
To Make this Creole Potato Salad You Will Need:
- Yukon gold or red potatoes
- creamy horseradish
- spicy brown mustard
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- minced red onion
- saucepan with water
- mixing bowl
Want more great recipes like this? Check out the rest of my Potato Salad recipes!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- 3 lb Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 1/4 c. mayonnaise (olive oil preferably)
- 1 Tb ketchup
- 1 Tb creamy horseradish
- 1 Tb spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c minced red onion
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 Tb parsley
- To begin, wash and prepare potatoes. You can peel them if you like, but I usually leave most of the skin on and simply trim off any rough patches.
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch chunks. Place them in a large pot or Dutch oven. Fill the pot with water, to an inch above the potatoes.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12-16 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Drain the potatoes by gently pouring them into a colander. Allow the potatoes to come to room temperature. *I speed this up by spreading the potatoes out on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt along with the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Whisk these together until smooth.
- Stir in the onion, celery and parsley.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow it to cool and the flavors to combine.
Cooking time includes time for the potatoes to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.