This Creole Potato Salad is going to be a new favorite of yours. Love potato salad but want something a little different? This is it!
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make this Creole Potato Salad You Will Need:
- Yukon gold or red potatoes
- creamy horseradish
- spicy brown mustard
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- minced red onion
- saucepan with water
- mixing bowl
Want more great recipes like this? Check out the rest of my Potato Salad recipes!
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 3 lb Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 1/4 c. mayonnaise (olive oil preferably)
- 1 Tb ketchup
- 1 Tb creamy horseradish
- 1 Tb spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c minced red onion
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 Tb parsley
- To begin, wash and prepare potatoes. You can peel them if you like, but I usually leave most of the skin on and simply trim off any rough patches.
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch chunks. Place them in a large pot or Dutch oven. Fill the pot with water, to an inch above the potatoes.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12-16 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Drain the potatoes by gently pouring them into a colander. Allow the potatoes to come to room temperature. *I speed this up by spreading the potatoes out on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt along with the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Whisk these together until smooth.
- Stir in the onion, celery and parsley.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow it to cool and the flavors to combine.
Cooking time includes time for the potatoes to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.