This Creole Potato Salad is going to be a new favorite of yours. Love potato salad but want something a little different? This is it!
Creole Potato Salad
Author: Constance Smith | CosmopolitanCornbread.com
- 3 lb Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 1½ tsp salt, divided
- 1¼ c. mayonnaise (olive oil preferably)
- 1 Tb ketchup
- 1 Tb creamy horseradish
- 1 Tb spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ c minced red onion
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 Tb parsley
- To begin, wash and prepare potatoes. You can peel them if you like, but I usually leave most of the skin on and simply trim off any rough patches.
- Cut the potatoes into ¾ inch chunks. Place them in a large pot or Dutch oven. Fill the pot with water, to an inch above the potatoes.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12-16 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Drain the potatoes by gently pouring them into a colander. Allow the potatoes to come to room temperature. *I speed this up by spreading the potatoes out on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ½ tsp of salt along with the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Whisk these together until smooth.
- Stir in the onion, celery and parsley.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow it to cool and the flavors to combine.
Cooking time includes time for the potatoes to cool.
Bring on the Cajun & Creole favorites!
- Hot Louisiana Shrimp Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Mardi Gras Muffaletta Dip by For the Love of Food
- Piquant Shrimp Balls by Food Lust People Love
- Trinidadian doubles by Caroline’s Cooking
- Andouille and Chicken Gumbo by Delaware Girl Eats
- Bananas Foster French Toast by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Blackened Shrimp Pasta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Cajun Courtbouillon by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cajun Pasta Carnivale by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo by The Freshman Cook
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Creole Beef and Rice Bowls by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Shrimp and Grits Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Gluten Free Gumbo by Cricket’s Confections
- Gumbo Z’herbes by Monica’s Table
- Hawaiian Jambalaya by Shockingly Delicious
- Overnight Muffuletta Sandwich by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Jambalaya Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Tenderloin Grillades with Cheesy Grits by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetarian Muffaletta Sandwich by Hardly A Goddess
- Easy Buttermilk Cornbread by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Muffaletta Wedge Salad by Shaken Together
- New Orleans Brandy Milk Punch by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Not So Dirty Rice by Simple and Savory
- Cajun Red Beans and Rice by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bananas Foster by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Basic Bread Pudding by What Smells So Good?
- Bourbon Vanilla Cherries Jubilee by Pies and Plots
- Mardi Gras Cheese Ball by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Mini King Cake Bites by Family Around The Table
- New Orleans Mardi Gras Beignets by Big Bear’s Wife
- Pecan Praline Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
- Traditional Mardi Gras King Cake by Curious Cuisiniere
- White Chocolate-Raspberry Bread Pudding by Gourmet Everyday