Crispy Nutella Cookies – that classic chocolate and hazelnut flavor of Nutella in crispy form. Grab a glass of milk and enjoy a couple of these lovely cookies.
How to Make Nutella Cookies
In your mixing bowl, you will beat together 1/4 cup room temperature butter, 1/4 cup shortening,
and 1/2 cup Nutella.
Beat those smooth and then add in a half cup each of white and brown sugar. Beat them until creamy.
Beat in 3/4 teaspoon hazelnut extract and 1 egg.
In a bowl, stir together 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt.
Once your creamy mixture is combined and smooth, stir in your dry ingredients. Mix well and be sure to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Once the dough is ready, cover it with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for an hour or more.
When you are ready to bake, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Scoop the dough out into 1 inch balls. Form them with your hands if you need to, but if you have a little cookie scoop, that works perfectly. With a fork dipped in sugar, lightly press the dough down in a criss-cross pattern, like you would a peanut butter cookie.
Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. Cool a couple minutes and then remove to a rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Crispy Nutella Cookies
- 1/4 c butter, room temperature
- 1/4 c shortening
- 1/2 c Nutella
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- extra sugar for pressing
- To begin, cream together your butter, shortening, Nutella, and sugars in your mixing bowl.
- Add in your egg and hazelnut extract. Beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the creamy mixture until combined - make sure to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop the dough out into 1 inch balls.
- Form them with your hands if you need to, but a small scoop works perfectly.
- Dip a fork in sugar and lightly press each ball in a criss-cross fashion like you would peanut butter cookies.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Cool a couple minutes, then transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.