Learn how to make a simple salve from infused oils. This makes a great homemade gift!
To make a simple salve for your hands – great for winter weather – you’ll need just a few simple things.
You’ll use an infused oil along with some essential oils. The ones you choose are completely up to you.
Need to make your own infused oils? Learn how here: How to Make Your Own Infused Oils
One of my favorite combinations is chamomile infused oil with lavender essential oil. It is especially soothing to dry skin in the winter.
To Make the Salve You Will Need:
- 3 oz. (6 Tablespoons) herbal infused oil
- ½ oz. beeswax (easiest to measure by weight)
- double boiler
- 10-20 drop essential oil
- Empty jars or tins with lids
You May Also Like: How to Make Foaming Hand Soap
Simple Salve Instructions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a double boiler and melt it over low heat. Pour the mixture into jars or tins and allow it to cool before you place the caps on.
Salves will last up to a year.
Another one of my favorite combinations for winter, is a mint infused oil with citrus essential oil.
Here’s a printable of the Simple Salve for your convenience:
Simple Salve Recipe
- measuring spoon
- double boiler
- Empty small jars or tins with lids
- 3 oz. herbal infused oil (6 Tablespoons)
- ½ oz. beeswax easiest to measure by weight
- 10-20 drops essential oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a double boiler and melt it over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into tins and allow it to cool before you place the caps on.
- Salves will last up to a year.