This Taco Soup is quick and easy to make. Enjoy this any night of the week this season!
When it comes to this soup, think of a thick chili with all the flavor of your favorite tacos. There’s nothing not to love in this meal. Not only is it a breeze to make, but it only takes a few minutes to throw together. Top it with your favorite taco accessories and dinner is ready!
Get my recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning, right here.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ c diced onion
- 2 Tb taco seasoning (see my homemade recipe)
- 1 Tb chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 c beef broth
- For topping:
- shredded cheese (cheddar, Colby, Monterrey-Jack, etc)
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- To begin, cook the diced onion and ground beef together in a Dutch oven over medium heat, until the beef is browned and the onion is tender. Stir the mixture occasionally as it cooks, breaking up the ground beef.
- Add in the taco seasoning, chili powder, black pepper and salt. Stir it together and let it cook for one minute.
- Add in the tomato sauce, beans, corn and beef broth.
- Bring this to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole. You can even dip it with some tortilla chips or crush them over the top.
This recipe was also shared in Meal Plan Monday at Southern Plate