This Taco Soup is quick and easy to make. Enjoy this any night of the week this season!
When it comes to this soup, think of a thick chili with all the flavor of your favorite tacos. There’s nothing not to love in this meal. Not only is it a breeze to make, but it only takes a few minutes to throw together. Top it with your favorite taco accessories and dinner is ready!
Get my recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning, right here.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ c diced onion
- 2 Tb taco seasoning (see my homemade recipe)
- 1 Tb chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 c beef broth
- For topping:
- shredded cheese (cheddar, Colby, Monterrey-Jack, etc)
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- To begin, cook the diced onion and ground beef together in a Dutch oven over medium heat, until the beef is browned and the onion is tender. Stir the mixture occasionally as it cooks, breaking up the ground beef.
- Add in the taco seasoning, chili powder, black pepper and salt. Stir it together and let it cook for one minute.
- Add in the tomato sauce, beans, corn and beef broth.
- Bring this to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole. You can even dip it with some tortilla chips or crush them over the top.