Store bought taco seasoning contains all sorts of questionable ingredients. To control what you are putting in your food, mix up your own taco seasoning.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
It’s simple to make and a great addition for many recipes.
This is a wonderful way to add that great taco flavor to any dish with out the extras.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Homemade Taco Seasoning (with Paleo Version)
How to make your own, homemade taco seasoning.
- 1/4 c chili powder
- 2 Tb ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground roasted coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn starch, See note
- Simply combine all of the ingredients in a container. Shake well to mix.
- Use 2-4 tablespoons to replace a typical taco seasoning packet in your recipes.
- This taco seasoning contains no salt, giving you complete control over your sodium intake.
- For a PALEO version of this recipe, you can substitute tapioca starch for the corn starch, or omit the thickening agent altogether if you choose.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Did You Try This?I’d Love For You to Share it on Instagram and tag me! @CosmopolitanCornbread
2 thoughts on “Homemade Taco Seasoning (with Paleo Version)”
So that's what goes into taco seasoning! This is great!
This is how I make it, and we think it has great flavor :)