How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning
Store bought taco seasoning contains all sorts of questionable ingredients. To control what you are putting in your food, mix up your own taco seasoning. It’s simple to make and a great addition for many recipes.
This is a wonderful way to add that great taco flavor to any dish with out the extras.
- 1/4 c chili powder
- 2 Tb ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground roasted coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn starch (See note)
- Simply combine all of the ingredients in a container. Shake well to mix.
- Use 2-4 tablespoons to replace a typical taco seasoning packet in your recipes.
- This taco seasoning contains no salt, giving you complete control over your sodium intake.
- For a PALEO version of this recipe, you can substitute tapioca starch for the corn starch, or omit the thickening agent altogether if you choose.