Store bought taco seasoning contains all sorts of questionable ingredients. To control what you are putting in your food, mix up your own taco seasoning.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
It’s simple to make and a great addition for many recipes.
This is a wonderful way to add that great taco flavor to any dish with out the extras.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Homemade Taco Seasoning (with Paleo Version)
- 1/4 c chili powder
- 2 Tb ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground roasted coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn starch, See note
- Simply combine all of the ingredients in a container. Shake well to mix.
- Use 2-4 tablespoons to replace a typical taco seasoning packet in your recipes.
- This taco seasoning contains no salt, giving you complete control over your sodium intake.
- For a PALEO version of this recipe, you can substitute tapioca starch for the corn starch, or omit the thickening agent altogether if you choose.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.