I adore anything that combines coffee and chocolate, and these rich and moist espresso brownies do just that. I couldn’t think of a better recipe to be the first thing I baked in my new house.
These brownies utilize a staple in my kitchen – instant espresso. I use this in all sorts of things, including smoothies like my Chocolate Milk Shake Smoothie.
Baking these in a pan that is lined with parchment paper allows you to easily remove them to a cooling rack so that they don’t over bake.
If you love wickedly rich and moist brownies, you’ll swoon over these.
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 c sugar
- 1/3 c + 1 Tb instant espresso granules (not ground espresso)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c baking cocoa
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and salt. Beat until combined.
- Add in the flour and baking cocoa and mix until combined. This batter will be thick. Be sure to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to get it all mixed together well.
- Spread the batter into a 9x13 baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Lift the brownies from the pan by grasping the parchment paper and transfer it over to a cooling rack. Cool completely before cutting.
- Enjoy these dark beauties!
Nutrition InformationYield 15
Amount Per Serving Calories 300 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 82mg Sodium 99mg Carbohydrates 40g Fiber 1g Sugar 27g Protein 4g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday on Southern Plate.