I adore anything that combines coffee and chocolate, and these rich and moist espresso brownies do just that. I couldn’t think of a better recipe to be the first thing I baked in my new house.
These brownies utilize a staple in my kitchen – instant espresso. I use this in all sorts of things, including smoothies like my Chocolate Milk Shake Smoothie.
Baking these in a pan that is lined with parchment paper allows you to easily remove them to a cooling rack so that they don’t over bake.
If you love wickedly rich and moist brownies, you’ll swoon over these.
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 c sugar
- 1/3 c + 1 Tb instant espresso granules (not ground espresso)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c baking cocoa
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and salt. Beat until combined.
- Add in the flour and baking cocoa and mix until combined. This batter will be thick. Be sure to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to get it all mixed together well.
- Spread the batter into a 9x13 baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Lift the brownies from the pan by grasping the parchment paper and transfer it over to a cooling rack. Cool completely before cutting.
- Enjoy these dark beauties!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday on Southern Plate.