To Make Fettuccine Alfredo You Will Need:
- butter (unsalted)
- heavy cream
- parmesan cheese
- cream cheese
- salt & black pepper
- Dutch oven
- Large pot for pasta
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo:
Watch me make this recipe in the video below.
You can make all sorts of versions of this Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe.
Try adding diced cooked ham or chicken, spinach, peas, broccoli, or any number of things. You can also use different pasta, such a farfallini, or penne.
Take this recipe, and make it your own!
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1/3 c butter (unsalted)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c heavy cream
- 3 Tb cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 c Parmesan cheese
- extra Parmesan for topping.
- To begin, start a pot of salted water to cook your fettuccine to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over low heat in a large skillet or sauce pan.
- Add in the garlic and let it cook for just a few minutes, until it is tender.
- Whisk in the cream and cream cheese. Heat and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the nutmeg, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and whisk it in until melted.
- Toss the cooked (drained) pasta with the sauce to coat.
- Serve it with a little extra Parmesan cheese on top.
When you drain your pasta, reserve some of the pasta water. After you toss your pasta with the sauce, if it is too thick, add some of the pasta water to thin it out a little.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.