Juicy, tender grilled skirt steak drizzled with fresh and zesty chimichurri.
You can not beat this!
Chimichurri is a sauce that originates in Argentina. Think of it as an Argentinian barbecue sauce made of fresh ingredients. You’ll start looking for things just to serve it on!
Now I don’t know any dad out there who doesn’t love a good steak. With Father’s Day coming up before too long, you’ll want to tuck this recipe in your pocket and make it for the Dad in your life. Of course, this MOM loves steak too. So…maybe not wait until Father’s Day. I mean, Mother’s Day is next weekend. Hint, hint.
After all…women love juicy, tender, flavorful steaks too. Right ladies?
So feel free to make this any night of the week. Considering how simple and quick it is to prepare it is perfect for a Monday. Or a Tuesday… or… well, just make it.
- 2/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 c fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c red onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tb fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 beek skirt steaks, about 2 lb total
- To begin, combine the olive oil, parsley, cilantro, vinegar, onion, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and juice from the lemon in a food processor or a blender.
- Process until the ingredients create a smooth sauce.
- Set it aside for now.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper the steaks.
- Cook the steaks on the grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into slices.
- Serve with the chimichurri sauce.
Some people have a genetic marker that causes cilantro to taste like metal or dish soap. They can't help it, it is science. If you are one of them, simply substitute the cilantro for all parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 740Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 918mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 15gSugar: 26gProtein: 16g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday