This soup is really creamy and ful of flavor with Italian sausage and spinach.
You’ll love this twist on classic potato soup.
- 2 Tb butter
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (mild)
- 2 lb russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 Tb corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 c frozen spinach
- To begin, saute the onion with the butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add in the garlic and Italian sausage and cook until it is browned, breaking it up with your utensil as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, slate, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with the cream until smooth. Add it to the soup.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the potatoes are almost done.
- Toss in the spinach and let it cook a couple more minutes until the potatoes are done.