This soup is really creamy and fully of flavor with Italian sausage and spinach.
You’ll love this twist on classic potato soup.
- 2 Tb butter
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (mild)
- 2 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 Tb cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 c frozen spinach
- To begin, saute the onion with the butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add in the garlic and Italian sausage and cook until it is browned, breaking it up with your utensil as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, slate, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with the cream until smooth. Add it to the soup.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the potatoes are almost done.
- Toss in the spinach and let it cook a couple more minutes until the potatoes are done.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 677 Total Fat 47g Saturated Fat 24g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 23g Cholesterol 123mg Sodium 1317mg Carbohydrates 43g Fiber 5g Sugar 6g Protein 23g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.