This soup is really creamy and full of flavor with Italian sausage and spinach.
You’ll love this twist on classic potato soup.
Creamy Italian Style Potato Soup
- 2 Tb butter
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage, mild
- 2 lb russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- To begin, saute the onion with the butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add in the garlic and Italian sausage and cook until it is browned, breaking it up with your utensil as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, slate, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with the cream until smooth. Add it to the soup.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the potatoes are almost done.
- Toss in the spinach and let it cook a couple more minutes until the potatoes are done.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.