This soup is really creamy and full of flavor with Italian sausage and spinach.
You’ll love this twist on classic potato soup.
Creamy Italian Style Potato Soup
This soup is really creamy and full of flavor. You will love it!
- 2 Tb butter
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage, mild (see note)
- 2 lb russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- To begin, saute the onion with the butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add in the garlic and Italian sausage and cook until it is browned, breaking it up with your utensil as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, slate, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with the cream until smooth. Add it to the soup.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the potatoes are almost done.
- Toss in the spinach and let it cook a couple more minutes until the potatoes are done.
Use a beef or turkey Italian sausage to be biblically clean.
Calories: 649kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 17gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 1260mgPotassium: 1091mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 4051IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 127mgIron: 3mg
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Did You Try This?I'd Love For You to Share it on Instagram and tag me! @CosmopolitanCornbread