This soup is really creamy and full of flavor with Italian sausage and spinach.
You’ll love this twist on classic potato soup.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 Tb butter
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (mild)
- 2 lb russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 Tb corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 c frozen spinach
- To begin, saute the onion with the butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add in the garlic and Italian sausage and cook until it is browned, breaking it up with your utensil as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, slate, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with the cream until smooth. Add it to the soup.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the potatoes are almost done.
- Toss in the spinach and let it cook a couple more minutes until the potatoes are done.