Baked, spiced apples with a scrumptious crumb topping.
A while back I did a poll of my readers to see if in the autumn, they preferred pumpkin or apple recipes. Pumpkin may get all the attention, but apple won the poll, overwhelmingly!
Serve a dish of this healthy, warm apple dessert with a cup of hot coffee, and you will have your own little slice of heaven right there.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make this Apple Dessert You Will Need:
- full fat coconut milk
- ground nutmeg
- almond flour
- sea salt
- raw honey
- melted butter (grass-fed, or use ghee)
- mixing bowl & spoon
- square baking dish
The apples are cubed and lightly sweetened. You can peel them if you like, but I enjoy the color and texture that the peels provide.
The crumb topping is just barely sweetened with a touch of honey. This allows the flavor of the apples to shine through…which is usually why you want to make an apple dessert to begin with.
Love apple recipes? You can browse all of my apple recipes here.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 5 cups apples, cored and cubed (peeling optional)
- 1/4 c full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, divided
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 c pecans, finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tb raw honey
- 3 Tb c melted butter (grass-fed, or use ghee)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9" baking dish. Set it aside for now
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apples. coconut milk, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Stir to coat.
- Spread the apples out in your baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, and all of the remaining ingredients, stir until it creates a nice, crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture all over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the apples are soft and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347