This robust beef stew, with sweet potatoes and other delicious veggies, is a great meal to serve any night of the week.
Just look at all the gorgeous color in this slow cooker.
And because this supper cooks in your slow cooker, it is an effortless meal to make.
Want to make this in your Instant Pot? I have included the instructions for that, too.
- 1 Tb avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery (with leaves), diced
- 1 c diced red onion
- 3 small sweet potatoes (or 2 large) peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 4 c beef stock (or bone broth), divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T basil
- 1 T parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tb tapioca flour
- To begin, heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown the beef in the oil, turning a couple times until it is well browned.
- Scoop the browned beef out with a slotted spoon and place it in your slow cooker.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, except the beef stock and tapioca flour.
- Pour about a cup of the beef stock in a bowl. This does not have to be an exact measurement.
- Add the tapioca flour to the measured beef stock and whisk it smooth.
- Pour all of the beef stock and tapioca flour mix into your slow cooker.
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or at high heat for 4 hours.
Instant Pot Instructions:
To make this in your Instant Pot, follow all of the steps above, except place the ingredients in your IP instead of a slow cooker.
Rather than browning the beef in a skillet, you can do it in batches in your IP, using the "Saute" option.
After all of the ingredients have been combined, close and seal your Instant Pot.
Press the "stew" button and adjust it to cook for 45 minutes on high pressure.
Let it run the cycle, and allow the pressure to come down naturally.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 238 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 84mg Sodium 479mg Carbohydrates 12g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 31g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.