This robust beef stew, with sweet potatoes and other delicious veggies, is a great meal to serve any night of the week.
Just look at all the gorgeous color in this slow cooker.
And because this supper cooks in your slow cooker, it is an effortless meal to make.
Want to make this in your Instant Pot? I have included the instructions for that, too.
Hearty Harvest Beef Stew
- 1 Tb avocado oil, or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery, with leaves, diced
- 1 c diced red onion
- 3 small sweet potatoes, or 2 large peeled and cubed
- 1 can, 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 c beef stock, or bone broth, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T basil
- 1 T parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tb tapioca flour
- To begin, heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown the beef in the oil, turning a couple times until it is well browned.
- Scoop the browned beef out with a slotted spoon and place it in your slow cooker.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, except the beef stock and tapioca flour.
- Pour about a cup of the beef stock in a bowl. This does not have to be an exact measurement.
- Add the tapioca flour to the measured beef stock and whisk it smooth.
- Pour all of the beef stock and tapioca flour mix into your slow cooker.
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or at high heat for 4 hours.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.