Pizza Omelettes are a fun twist on a classic dish, and perfect for breakfast…or supper!
One of the great things about this recipe, is that you can adapt it to suit your needs. Here I added sliced mushrooms for the hubby’s omelette, because he loves mushrooms.
This recipe is for one omelette, so if you have more than one person, simply make additional ones.
Need a recipe for your own Pizza Sauce? Click Here for my easy pizza sauce recipe. Unlike most store-bought versions, there’s no sugar in it.
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tb coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1/4 c uncured pepperoni pieces
- 1 button mushroom, sliced
- 1 Tb red onion, minced
- 1 Tb sweet red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- 1/4 tsp dry basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 Tb avocado or coconut oil
- 1 Tb pizza sauce
- To begin, whisk the eggs and coconut milk in a bowl until nice and frothy.
- Add the pepperoni, onion, pepper, mushroom and seasonings.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture, swirl the pan to spread it out.
- Cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes or until the egg is almost set.
- Using a spatula, gently loosen the omelette all the way around the edges, and tilt the pan to allow any liquid egg to run to the side and cook.
- As soon as the egg is cooked, use the spatula to fold over the omelette and place it on the serving plate.
- Top with the pizza sauce, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 591mgSodium: 893mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g