Pizza Omelettes are a fun twist on a classic dish, and perfect for breakfast…or supper!
One of the great things about this recipe, is that you can adapt it to suit your needs. Here I added sliced mushrooms for the hubby’s omelette, because he loves mushrooms.
This recipe is for one omelette, so if you have more than one person, simply make additional ones.
Need a recipe for your own Pizza Sauce? Click Here for my easy pizza sauce recipe. Unlike most store-bought versions, there’s no sugar in it.
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tb coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1/4 c uncured pepperoni pieces
- 1 button mushroom, sliced
- 1 Tb red onion, minced
- 1 Tb sweet red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- 1/4 tsp dry basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 Tb avocado or coconut oil
- 1 Tb pizza sauce
- To begin, whisk the eggs and coconut milk in a bowl until nice and frothy.
- Add the pepperoni, onion, pepper, mushroom and seasonings.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture, swirl the pan to spread it out.
- Cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes or until the egg is almost set.
- Using a spatula, gently loosen the omelette all the way around the edges, and tilt the pan to allow any liquid egg to run to the side and cook.
- As soon as the egg is cooked, use the spatula to fold over the omelette and place it on the serving plate.
- Top with the pizza sauce, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 607 Total Fat 52g Saturated Fat 28g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 20g Cholesterol 591mg Sodium 893mg Carbohydrates 8g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 27g