All of the great flavor of Beef Stroganoff made in your Instant Pot. Quick, simple and delicious.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make this Recipe You Will Need:
- beef chuck roast or stew meat
- beef broth
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dijon Mustard
- sliced mushrooms
- sour cream
- egg noodles
- Instant Pot
Watch me Make Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot:
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
To begin, cut the chuck roast into 1 1/2 inch pieces, discarding any large or hard chunks of fat. Place it into the Instant Pot.
In a dish, whisk together the beef broth and cornstarch until smooth.
Add in the parsley, salt, pepper, dill, mustard and garlic. Stir these together to combine and set aside for a moment.
Add the mushrooms to the Instant Pot.
Pour the sauce all over it.
Close your Instant Pot and set the controls to “Manual” – 40 minutes at high pressure. Let it run its cycle.
Prepare the noodles when it is almost done.
When it is finished, stir in the sour cream and toss in the cooked noodles, fold to combine.
Can I Make this Beef Stroganoff in a Slow Cooker?
To make this in your slow cooker, prepare it just like you do above, but increase the beef broth to 1 cup.
Combine the rest of the ingredients (minus the egg noodles) in the slow cooker instead of an Instant Pot.
Cook this on high for an hour and then turn it down to low for 6-7 hours.
When it is almost done, cook your noodles.
When they are both finished (noodles and meat) stir the sour cream into the meat mixture and turn off the heat.
Combine the noodles and meat sauce in a serving bowl.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 1/2 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 c beef broth
- 2 Tb cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dill
- 2 Tb Dijon Mustard, whole grain is preferable
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 lb egg noodles or similar pasta, cooked according to package directions
- To begin, cut the chuck roast into 1 1/2 inch pieces, discarding any large or hard chunks of fat. Place it into the Instant Pot.
- In a dish, whisk together the beef broth and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add in the parsley, salt, pepper, dill, mustard and garlic. Stir these together to combine and set aside for a moment.
- Add the mushrooms to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the sauce all over it.
- Close your Instant Pot and set the controls to "Manual" - 40 minutes at high pressure. Let it run its cycle.
- Prepare the noodles when it is almost done.
- When it is finished, stir in the sour cream and toss in the cooked noodles, fold to combine.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE Instant Pot Roast Beef
This recipe was originally published in 2017, and updated with new photos and a cooking video in August 2021.
10 thoughts on “Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff (with Cooking Video)”
This looks delicious. I would assume browning the meat then throwing it in the crockpot for the day would do the same?
Yes, I make it in the slow cooker as well. There’s instructions for the slow cooker in the notes of the printable. :)
I just bought egg noodles today. My toddlers love them. The weather will be cold soon and this would be a perfect meal to warm my family up. It looks delicious!
I love stroganoff. I haven’t cooked it in a slow cooker before and usually cook it with chicken or turkey.
Love beef stroganoff, especially with mushrooms!
One of my favourite cold weather foods! Having grown up in Asia, I’ve always used a rice cooker, but never heard of Instant Pot. Must look it up, looks handy!
This looks delicious
So warm and comforting!
What a great idea to make it in the instant pot! And the weather is getting just about right for this!
Comfort food, right there!