All of the great flavor of Beef Stroganoff made in your Instant Pot. Quick, simple and delicious.
This recipe begins with 2 1/2 lb of chuck roast cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and a diced onion. (You can also use store prepared “stew meat” but chuck works best.)
Then in goes goodies like the beef broth, Dijon Mustard and sliced mushrooms.
After cooking, you stir in some sour cream, and then toss in some cooked egg noodles and supper is ready!
For those of you that do not have an Instant Pot but would like to make this in a slow cooker, those instructions are included in the recipe below.
- 2 1/2 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 c diced onion
- 1/2 c beef broth
- 2 Tb cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry parsely
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dill
- 2 Tb Dijon Mustard (whole grain is preferable)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 lb egg noodles or similar pasta, cooked according to package directions
- To begin, cut the chuck roast into 1 1/2 inch pieces, discarding any large or hard chunks of fat. Place it into the Instant Pot along with the diced onion.
- In a dish, whisk together the beef broth and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add in the parsley, salt, pepper, dill, mustard and garlic. Stir these together to combine and set aside for a moment.
- Add the mushrooms to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the sauce all over it.
- Close your Instant Pot and set the controls to "Manual" - 40 minutes at high pressure. Let it run its cycle.
- Prepare the noodles when it is almost done.
- When it is finished, stir in the sour cream and toss in the cooked noodles, fold to combine.
To make this in your slow cooker (Crock Pot): Prepare as above, increasing the beef broth to 1 cup. Combine the ingredients in the slow cooker instead of an Instant Pot. Cook this on high for an hour and then turn it down to low for 6-7 hours. When it is almost done, cook your noodles. When they are both finished (noodles and meat) stir the sour cream into the meat mixture and turn off the heat. Combine the noodles and meat sauce in a serving bowl. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 694 Total Fat 38g Saturated Fat 16g Trans Fat 2g Unsaturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 200mg Sodium 564mg Carbohydrates 36g Fiber 3g Sugar 4g Protein 54g