This Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Spread is a classic southern appetizer with a kick of a twist.
I have a group of ladies that get together on a regular basis and we take turns bringing snacks and refreshments.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
You May Also Like: Chorizo Queso Dip
This week, I prepared a classic southern recipe… pimento cheese spread, and gave it my own twist with some fresh, minced jalapeno peppers. I served this spread with gluten free crackers. It was a fantastic hit, and people were asking for the recipe left and right.
How to Make Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Spread
To begin, dice 2 tablespoons of jarred pimentos. You can find these in the grocery store near the jarred peppers, pickles & olives section of the grocery store.
In a mixing bowl, combine 4 ounces of room temperature, reduced fat cream cheese, 5 ounces each of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
Add in the diced pimentos, 1/2 teaspoon each of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Mix until these are all combined.
Seed and mince a jalapeno pepper. Stir the minced pepper into the spread.
Serve this with your favorite crackers, toasted bread, veggies…oh the possibilities are endless!
Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Spread
- 2 Tb jarred pimento peppers, diced
- 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c mayonnaise, use a paleo-friendly brand such as Primal Kitchen
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- crackers or veggies for serving
- Combine the diced pimento peppers, cheeses, mayonnaise, salt & pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until it is combined.
- Stir in the minced jalapeno pepper.
- Serve with crackers or dipping veggies.Enjoy!
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
This recipe was originally written in 2015 and updated in 2021.