Kielbasa and White Bean Soup is filled with delicious kielbasa, zesty tomatoes and white beans. Simple and delicious.
“Beans! Beans! The magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot! The more you toot, the better you feel. So, let’s eat beans for every meal!”
Have you ever heard that before? When I was a kid, my mom used to sing that little tune every single time she served some sort of beans at the table. After I was married, I found out that my husband’s family had a similar tune, with slightly different wording. We battled back and forth as to whose version was correct. It was a battle of epic proportions – “northerner vs. southerner.” Who ended up declaring victory? Well, it was a draw.
Today I’m bringing you this simple soup that is a great one to make on a cold winter night. It is relatively quick to make, yet it is filling and satisfying. Serve it with some crusty bread and supper is served!
To begin, dice an onion and cut a package of kielbasa into 1/2 in pieces. In a Dutch oven, heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Toss in the onion and kielbasa. Cook until the onions are translucent and the kielbasa is browned in some spots.
Add in 2 cloves of minced garlic and a can of fire roasted, died tomatoes. Let those cook together for about 5 minutes.
Pour in 3 cups of chicken broth. Add in two cans of “white beans” that have been rinsed & drained. You can use great northern beans, navy beans or cannelini beans.
Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper and a teaspoon of rosemary. Bring this to a boil, reduce to medium low heat and let it cook together for 5 minutes.
Enjoy your wholesome and delicious soup!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package (12 oz.) kielbasa
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz) white beans (navy, great northern or cannelini) - rinsed & drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ tp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- To begin, cut the kielbasa int ½ inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil. Toss in the onion and kielbasa and cook over medium heat until the kielbasa is slightly browned in spots and the onions are translucent.
- Add in the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients. Bring it to a boil, reduce to a medium low heat and let it cook together for 5 minutes.
Get your Bean on with these great recipes:
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Tex-Mex Black Bean Chowder by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands