Kielbasa and White Bean Soup is filled with delicious kielbasa, zesty tomatoes and white beans. Simple and delicious.
“Beans! Beans! The magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot! The more you toot, the better you feel. So, let’s eat beans for every meal!”
Have you ever heard that before? When I was a kid, my mom used to sing that little tune every single time she served some sort of beans at the table. After I was married, I found out that my husband’s family had a similar tune, with slightly different wording. We battled back and forth as to whose version was correct. It was a battle of epic proportions – “northerner vs. southerner.” Who ended up declaring victory? Well, it was a draw.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Today I’m bringing you this simple soup that is a great one to make on a cold winter night. It is relatively quick to make, yet it is filling and satisfying. Serve it with some crusty bread and supper is served!
To begin, dice an onion and cut a package of kielbasa into 1/2 in pieces. In a Dutch oven, heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Toss in the onion and kielbasa. Cook until the onions are translucent and the kielbasa is browned in some spots.
Add in 2 cloves of minced garlic and a can of fire roasted, died tomatoes. Let those cook together for about 5 minutes.
Pour in 3 cups of chicken broth. Add in two cans of “white beans” that have been rinsed & drained. You can use great northern beans, navy beans or cannelini beans.
Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper and a teaspoon of rosemary. Bring this to a boil, reduce to medium low heat and let it cook together for 5 minutes.
Enjoy your wholesome and delicious soup!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package (12 oz.) kielbasa
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz) white beans (navy, great northern or cannelini) - rinsed & drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- To begin, cut the kielbasa int 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil. Toss in the onion and kielbasa and cook over medium heat until the kielbasa is slightly browned in spots and the onions are translucent.
- Add in the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients. Bring it to a boil, reduce to a medium low heat and let it cook together for 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 629mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.