These Lemon Crumbles are lemony oat bars with a mildly sweet, creamy filling.
The creamy filling is flavored with fresh lemon juice and zest to bring out that fresh citrus flavor.
You will love the crunchy texture that these bars have. And the fact that they are just a touch sweet is an added bonus.
Enjoy one of these bars with an afternoon cup of coffee or tea.
- 1¼ c flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tb fresh lemon zest
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish, and set it aside for now.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar and oats. Mix in the butter until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While it is baking, whisk together the condensed milk, lemon zest and juice until fully combined.
- When the base has baked, spread the filling over the crust. Smooth it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb topping over the filling, evenly.
- Gently press it down with your hand to make it rather smooth.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, until just golden.
- Let the pan cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 62mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g