These Lemon Ricotta Bars are a delicate crust topped with creamy lemon ricotta. It’s like a sugar cookie and a lemon cheesecake combined.
For the Crust
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 2/3 c powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- About 4 lemons for zesting and juicing.
- 1 1/2 stick (3/4 c) cold butter
For the Filling
- 4 eggs
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with baking spray or butter it. Set aside for now.
- In your food processor, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar and salt. Add to those the zest of a lemon – about a tablespoon.
- Cut the cold butter into pieces. Drop the butter into the food processor with the dry ingredients. Pulse these together until it us evenly crumbly like coarse cornmeal.
- Press this into the bottom of your paper lined baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it is just lightly golden on the edges.
- While it is baking, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until frothy. In a small dish, combine the flour and sugar.
- To the eggs, add the ricotta cheese along with the sugar & flour. Beat those together until they are smooth.
- Zest another lemon.
- Juice the zested lemons, along with another lemon or two – enough to give you a half cup of fresh, strained lemon juice.
- Add the zest, lemon juice, salt and vanilla to the mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- When the timer goes off for your crust, turn the temperature down to 325 degrees.
- Give the filling a quick stir and pour over the hot crust. Put this back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until the center is no longer “jiggly.”
- Let the bars cool in the pan until room temperature and then refrigerate for a hour.
- Remove the chilled lemony goodness from the pan by lifting it out with the parchment paper. Cut into bars and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.