To begin, we’ll prepare the salsa. Dice a half cup of red onion.
Dice a cup and a half of fresh pineapple.
Remove the seeds from a jalapeno pepper, then finely dice the pepper.
Combine these in a bowl and add a half teaspoon of salt.
Finally zest a whole lime, and the squeeze all of the juice from that lime into the bowl. Stir this all together and let it sit and get happy while you cook your chicken.
Today we are using Sweet Sunshine’s lovely Roasted Shallot & Garlic variety. This sauce has a little more heat that the sweet sauce that I used last week, but still has great flavor to go with that warmth.
Because I am using this sauce to glaze my chicken on the grill, I’m going to combine some with just a little orange juice to brush it over the chicken on the grill. I combined 1/3 cup of the sauce with 2 tablespoons of orange juice.
Heat your grill to about 400 degrees. Brush 6 boneless chicken breasts with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook this for about 5-7 minutes on each side until it is cooked through.
When the chicken is almost done, brush the beautiful glaze all over. Let it cook the last couple minutes and let that flavor just seep into the meat.
Top with your summery pineapple salsa.
Sweet Sunshine Sauces are the creation of Paul Sarris and have 62 International awards including the 2014 Scovie Award.
Brothers Paul and Van Sarris inherited their love of cooking and great food from their father, James. Their dad would tell them, “Any fool can make something hot, the trick is to make it delicious” which lead to their motto “Flavor Before Fire.”
So far I have shared “Atomic” Pork Sliders with Mango Sauce which uses the Atomic sauce and Beef Skewers with Grilled Vegetables which uses the Sweet sauce. This week I used the Roasted Shallot & Garlic sauce, because I felt that the bite of the shallot and garlic paired well with the sweet & tanginess of the pineapple salsa.
- ½ c diced red onion
- 1½ c diced fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 whole lime, zested and juiced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp each, salt & pepper
- ⅓ c Sweet Sunshine's Roasted Shallot & Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tb orange juice
- To begin, combine the onion, pineapple, jalapeno, ½ tsp salt, zest and juice of the lime in a small bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly. Set aside for the time being.
- Combine your Sweet Sunshine's Roasted Shallot & Garlic Sauce and orange juice together in a small dish.
- Heat your grill to 400 degrees. Brush the chicken with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Cook these on the grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side until it is cooked through.
- When the chicken is almost done, brush the beautiful glaze all over.
- Let it cook the last couple minutes and let that flavor just seep into the meat.
- Top with your summery pineapple salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 38g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.