Delicious and hearty Muffuletta Pasta Salad, inspired by the classic Italian sandwich.
This time of year, there is so much going on here on the homestead, that there aren’t enough hours in the day. As a matter of fact, just this morning as I write this, we had new life come to the homestead in the form of 12 newborn kits. A kit is a baby rabbit. Both of our does gave birth overnight.
There’s so much happening in fact, that I routinely find myself not coming in until sunset. By then, it’s too late to even think about making something for supper. So making a big batch of a meaty pasta salad like this and keeping it in the fridge is a lifesaver! I can come in from mowing the pasture, get cleaned up and can just sit down and enjoy dinner that is already made. Not only that, but because this is such a hearty one, my carnivores don’t complain one bit. It’s a win-win.
- 1 lb farfalle (bowtie) pasta - cooked according to package directions and drained
- ½ lb hard salami, diced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ lb ham, diced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ lb provolone cheese, diced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ c pepperoni, cut into strips
- ½ c sliced black olives
- ½ c sliced green olives
- 2 Tb capers
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- ¼ c fresh parsley, minced
- 2 Tb fresh minced oregano
- 2 Tb fresh minced basil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ c extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- To begin, in a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, diced meats and cheese, olives and capers. Stir to combine.
- In a jar with a lid, (a canning jar works great) combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Close the lid and shake it vigorously for a minute or two until all of the ingredients are combined and the oil & vinegar emulsify. (That's when they don't immediately begin separating.)
- Pour the dressing all over the pasta salad and stir to coat.
- Serve this immediately or chill in an airtight container and serve it later.
Looking for more salad ideas? Check out all of these – salads galore!
Brilliant Beef Salads
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Keilbasa and Warm Mustard Viniagrette Salad by Our Good Life
- Healthy Steak Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Beef Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southwestern Steak Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Choice Chicken Salads
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Hemp Seed Salad by Family Foodie
- Caribbean Chicken Quinoa Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chrissy’s Cobb Salad by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
Superb Seafood Salads
- Crab Salad with Chili, Tomato and Avocado by Monica’s Table
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Red Camargue and Wild Rice Salad with Tuna by Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Cod and Edamame Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Key Lime-Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Shrimp & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Vibrant Veggie Salads
- Farmers Market Quinoa Salad by And She Cooks
- Iron Chef Morimoto Inspired Salad by NinjaBaker.com
- Kale Guacamole Salad by Pies and Plots
- Kale Superfoods Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Loaded Chopped Salad by Simple and Savory