These blueberry muffins are stunning, delicious, and surprisingly paleo and gluten free.
I’ve had a struggle when it comes to making paleo baked goods. I have had more flops than successes. There is definitely a whole new learning curve with using alternative flours and other ingredients that you aren’t accustomed to. Luckily for you, they only get published when I have deemed them a success. That saves you time, money and empty stomachs. There is nothing worse than going to the effort to make something, and while it is baking it smells amazing. But then the end result….goes to the chickens.
So disappointing. But don’t worry about that with these muffins. They’ll taste good whether you eat paleo or not!
Paleo Blueberry Muffins (Gluten Free)
- 1 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c + 2 Tb raw honey
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1 Tb vanilla extract
- 1/3 c roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 c fresh blueberries
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard, 12 cup muffin pan with papers. Set it aside for now.
- Sift the coconut flour, sea salt, cinnamon and baking soda together into a bowl. Set that aside for a moment.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add in the honey, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add your dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well. Make sure to scrape te bowl with a rubber spatula to get everything mixed in.
- Fold in the sunflower seeds and blueberries, gently.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the lined muffin tin, filling the cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and test done with a wooden pick. Immediately transfer them to a cooling rack. Allow them to cool completely.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.