Beautiful pound cake is laced with chunks of fresh peach, is mildly sweet with just a drizzle of glaze over the top. You will love it!
This peach pound cake is simply delectable. My hubby enjoyed it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…and when he rolls his eyes and does that laugh – that’s a winner. And it is a good thing I made a double batch!
To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease & flour a standard loaf pan, set aside.
In a bowl, sift together 1 1/4 plus 2 tablespoons of flour, along with 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside for now.
In you mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup (1 stick) of room temperature butter and 1 cup sugar. Beat this well, until nice and fluffy.
Add in 2 eggs, one at a time, incorporating fully before adding the second. (Remember, I was making a double batch, that’s why you see 4 eggs here.)
And then stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Time for the peach. After holding the peach to your nose and breathing deeply, with eyes closed and senses happy….dice that peach up into half inch pieces. Discard the pit.
Place the diced peach in a dish and add in 2 tablespoons of flour, stirring them around to coat them.
Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, half at a time, stirring until it is just combined.
Fold the peach into the batter.
Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Bake in for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick.
Allow the cake to cool a few minutes in the pan, then run a knife around the sides and remove it to a rack to cool.
For the simple glaze, whisk together 1/4 c powdered sugar, a half teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon (or a little more if needed) of milk until smooth.
Drizzle this over the top.
And of course…Enjoy!
Peach Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 peach
- 1/2 c butter, room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tb milk
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour a standard loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together 1 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the flour, the baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Dice your peach into 1/2 inches pieces and discard the pit.
- Place the peach into a bowl and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir to coat. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until nice and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, incorporating the first fully before adding the second.
- Stir in the butter.
- Add in the flour mixture half at a time, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the peach.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick.
- Allow it to cool a few minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edges and gently remove it to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
For the Glaze
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together (add a little extra milk if needed) and drizzle over the top.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.