Peanut Butter Bars are a yummy snack for on the go – soft and chewy like a peanut butter brownie.
With the weather warming up, we’re turning our hearts towards the outdoors and sharing recipes for those meals on the go so that we can enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. I’ve shared these yummy peanut butter bars for a great picnic shack.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In your mixing bowl, beat 4 eggs until airy.
Add in 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter and a cup of peanut butter. Beat those with the eggs until fluffy. Add in 2 cups of brown sugar and again beat until fluffy.
Mix in 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
Add in 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix until combined.
Spread the thick dough into an oiled 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until it tests done in the center with a toothpick.
Cool on a rack until room temperature, and then cut into bars.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c peanut butter
- 2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the eggs until airy.
- Add in the butter and peanut butter and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the brown sugar and vanilla and again, beat until fluffy.
- Add in the flour & salt and mix until combined.
- Spread the dough into an oiled 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until they test done in the center with a toothpick.
- Cool on a rack until room temperature.
- Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 92mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g