Tender lamb chops stewed with zesty spices and sweet apricots.
A couple weeks ago I made this wonderful lamb dish. I had taken photos for my typical blog post, but later when I went back to edit the photos and prepare to share this recipe with you, the photos were no where to be found! Thankfully two things had happened – I had snapped this photo to later post on Instagram, and secondly, I had filmed the cooking process for a mini video.
- 4 lamb chops
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 Tb honey
- Couscous for serving (optional)
- To begin, heat a tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven until very hot, but not smoking. Sear the lamb chops on each side (about 2 minutes each side) and remove to a dish.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add in the sliced onion. Saute the onion until it is tender.
- Add in the seasonings and stir together.
- Place the chops back in the pot. Pour the beef broth over all. Add in the apricots and honey.
- Bring this to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with couscous if you like.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 415 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 49mg Sodium 1079mg Carbohydrates 44g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 28g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 20g