Tender lamb chops stewed with zesty spices and sweet apricots.
A couple weeks ago I made this wonderful lamb dish. I had taken photos for my typical blog post, but later when I went back to edit the photos and prepare to share this recipe with you, the photos were no where to be found! Thankfully two things had happened – I had snapped this photo to later post on Instagram, and secondly, I had filmed the cooking process for a mini video.
- 4 lamb chops
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 Tb honey
- Couscous for serving (optional)
- To begin, heat a tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven until very hot, but not smoking. Sear the lamb chops on each side (about 2 minutes each side) and remove to a dish.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add in the sliced onion. Saute the onion until it is tender.
- Add in the seasonings and stir together.
- Place the chops back in the pot. Pour the beef broth over all. Add in the apricots and honey.
- Bring this to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with couscous if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 1079mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 20g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.