Peanut Butter muffins with little bitty Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups mixed in…how can you go wrong with these?
I make these muffins exactly the same as my Nutella Chocolate Chip ones, with a couple substitutions. Mini Reese’s for the chocolate chips, vanilla for the hazelnut extract, and peanut butter for the Nutella. Everything is else is the same, and measurements are the same as well.
And the results? Divine.
A wonderful thing for my family to get up to in the morning.
Peanut Butter Muffins with Mini Reese’s Cups
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 T demerera, raw sugar, divided
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with papers, and set it aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter. Mix in the eggs. Stir half of the flour mixture. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract. When combined, mix in the remaining flour mixture. Gently fold in the Reese's.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin. Sprinkle about a half teaspoon of the raw sugar on top of each muffin. Bake 19-20 minutes or until they test done with a toothpick. Cool on a rack.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.