I have a couple different versions of pizza crust that I make. I have a fluffy, “pan style” crust that uses yeast, but I also have this quick version that uses no yeast at all. Homemade pizza crust is such a simple thing to make, and so much better that the gooey stuff that people pop out of a can. This takes only minutes to make and is so incredibly worth it!
This one is perfect for several occasions, such as…
You went to make pizza crust and you realized your yeast has kicked the bucket.
You just looked at the clock and discovered that you need to start dinner now but the usual crust takes an hour to make.
You don’t want a thick pan-style crust.
Or you can just decide that this is your favorite version and make it all the time. Any reason works!
This pizza crust dough takes basic ingredients that I’m sure you have in your pantry and fridge.
You combine the ingredients in your mixing bowl and mix with the dough hook until it comes together.
Then simply knead if for a minute on a floured surface until it is smooth. That’s it. Then roll it out for pizza or use if for whatever recipe that you are making and need pizza crust!
Try using this crust for my Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up.
- 2¼ c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tb baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt or kosher salt, whichever you prefer
- ¼ c (1/2 of a stick) room temperature, unsalted butter
- 1 c milk
- additional flour for dusting & kneading
- 1 Tb cornmeal (see instructions below)
- To begin, if you are using this dough for a traditional pizza, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour baking powder and salt in your mixer's bowl. Give it a quick stir.
- Add in the butter and milk. Mix this with your mixer's dough hook attachment for about 5 minutes, or until it comes together into a dough. This will be a little soft and sticky, but that's normal.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. With floured hands, knead the dough for a minute or two, just until it forms a smooth dough. Dust with flour as needed so that the dough doesn't stick to your hands.
- Use as desired for your recipe, or continue with the instructions below for a traditional pizza.
- Sprinkle your baking sheet with a tablespoon of cornmeal or line it with parchment paper.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to the desired size and thickness. Transfer it to your prepared pan.
- Top with your preferred sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden on the edges.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @cosmopolitancornbread on Instagram and hashtag it #cosmocornbread