A Paleo Skillet Frittata is a great way to start the morning, and is the perfect “make ahead” breakfast.
I often make one of these frittatas, cut it into wedges and store them in the fridge for breakfast or a quick lunch later on. If you are like me, and have a hard time eating breakfast in the morning, then having a wedge of this already cooked and waiting for you makes life so much easier.
I make one of these just about every week. It’s easy when you have your own egg source right in the back yard. Have I mentioned I have my own flock of chickens? But even if you don’t, you’ll still love making this recipe.
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/4 c diced onion
- 1/4 c diced green bell pepper
- 10 eggs
- 2 Tb water
- 1 Tb country style Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 12 inch oven-safe skillet, (I used a cast iron skillet) cook the sausage, onion and peppers together over medium heat. Break up the sausage with your cooking utensil as it cooks so that there are no large chunks. Cook these until the sausage is browned and the onion & peppers are tender.
- While those cook, break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add in the water, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Whisk these together until the eggs are frothy.
- When the sausage is browned, turn off the stove. Spread the sausage mixture evenly across the inside of the skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture
- Slide the skillet into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is just golden.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 374 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 375mg Sodium 996mg Carbohydrates 4g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Protein 25g