“No Mess” Taco Burgers are a great way to make eating tacos, easy for the kiddos.
The taco meat is formed into a burger patty and everything wraps inside a tortilla. Eat it like a burger, or cut it in half. Either way, it makes taco eating practically mess-proof.
- 1½ lb ground beef or bison
- 2 Tb chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 6 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- For the tacos (per your family's taste)
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- To begin, break up the ground beefwith your fingers, in a mixing bowl until it is loose pieces. This makes it easier to mix in the other ingredients.
- Add in the chili powder, ground cumin, salt, pepper. onion powder and grated garlic. Stir this until it is all mixed as well as possible.
- Form the mixture into burger patties.
- Heat a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high heat until it is nice and hot. Place the burgers in the skillet and let them cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn them all over, reduce the heat to medium and place a cover on the skillet to hold the heat it and cook them through. That should take about 3 minutes on that side as well.
- When the burgers are done, take a tortilla and stack some shredded lettuce in the center. Place a hot taco burger on the lettuce. Top this with shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream or anything else you like on a taco.
- Simply fold the tortilla around everything inside like you are wrapping a present. Tadaa!!! You have a perfect taco that you could eat with one hand if you wanted! You can cut the “package” in half if you like, but we usually just eat it like a burger.
I originally shared this recipe over at Hip Homeschool Moms: HERE.