“No Mess” Taco Burgers are a great way to make eating tacos, easy for the kiddos.
The taco meat is formed into a burger patty and everything wraps inside a tortilla. Eat it like a burger, or cut it in half. Either way, it makes taco eating practically mess-proof.
You May Also Like:
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
"No Mess" Taco Burgers
"No Mess" Taco Burgers are a great way to make eating tacos, easy for the kiddos.
- 1½ lb ground beef or bison
- 2 Tb chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 6 large flour tortillas, FOR PALEO: Use lettuce leaves for wraps
- For the tacos, per your taste
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- hot sauce
- To begin, break up the ground beefwith your fingers, in a mixing bowl until it is loose pieces. This makes it easier to mix in the other ingredients.
- Add in the chili powder, ground cumin, salt, pepper. onion powder and grated garlic. Stir this until it is all mixed as well as possible.
- Form the mixture into burger patties.
- Heat a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high heat until it is nice and hot. Place the burgers in the skillet and let them cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn them all over, reduce the heat to medium and place a cover on the skillet to hold the heat it and cook them through. That should take about 3 minutes on that side as well.
- When the burgers are done, take a tortilla and stack some shredded lettuce in the center. Place a hot taco burger on the lettuce. Top this with shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream or anything else you like on a taco.
- Simply fold the tortilla around everything inside like you are wrapping a present. Tadaa!!! You have a perfect taco that you could eat with one hand if you wanted! You can cut the “package” in half if you like, but we usually just eat it like a burger.
Serving: 1tacoCalories: 586kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 42gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 833mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1g
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Did You Try This?I'd Love For You to Share it on Instagram and tag me! @CosmopolitanCornbread