I mean….with a cast like this, who wouldn’t love it? This is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
To begin, heat a couple tablespoons of Olive Oil in a good-sized skillet. You’ll mince up 8 cloves of Garlic, and toss them in along with 1/8 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes.
When the garlic is just beginning to turn the slightest bit golden in color, pour in 15 ounces of Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes and 15 ounces Tomato Sauce.
Add in a tablespoon of all-purpose seasoning.
a teaspoon each of Oregano, Basil and Parsley, and some salt & pepper
Stir in all together, and then add this.
1/2 cup of Vodka.
Bring that to a boil, reduce the heat, and toss a lid on the pan. Let it get cozy for about 20 minutes. Be sure to pay it a visit with your spoon once in a while though.
In the meantime, begin cooking your Penne Pasta. Don’t cook these too much, just to al Dente.
When you have about 5 minutes left on your pasta, stir in a couple tablespoons of butter and 1/3 of a cup of heavy Cream.
And at last, stir 3/4 of a cup of Parmesan Cheese into your pan. Combine this all, stirring until the cheese is melted in.
Place your drained pasta in a serving bowl, and smother it with the sauce.
Serve topped with a little extra grated Parm.
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 15 ounce can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tb All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 2 Tb Butter
- 1/3 c Heavy Cream
- 3/4 c Parmesan Cheese, plus extra for topping
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute until the garlic is just beginning to get golden.
- Add in the tomatoes and tomato sauce, seasoning, herbs, salt, pepper and vodka.
- Stir together. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Give it a stir once in a while.
- Begin cooking your pasta. When the pasta has about 5 minutes left, add the butter, cream and paremesan cheese to the sauce. Stir until combined and cheese is melted in.
- Drain your pasta (cooked to just al dente) and pour into a serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with a little extra parm on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 2455mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g