Tender steak strips and bright, cheerful broccoli – yum…. Mongolian Beef and Broccoli is quick to make, too!
Measure out 2/3 cup water and 2/3 cup Soy Sauce.
Set that aside, and cut up a head of broccoli – removing the woody stem, and separating the florets.
Take a flank steak, and cut it into 1/4 inch strips, across the grain of the meat.
If your steak is very moist, blot it dry with some paper towels. Then toss it in a bowl with 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
Set it aside for now.
Mince up 4 cloves of Garlic, and grate 1 teaspoon of fresh Ginger.
Now that the prep work is done, time to start cooking!
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Then sauté the garlic and ginger for just a minute.
After a minute, pour in your water and soy sauce.
Add in 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
and 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Bring it to a simmer, and cook for about 2 minutes. Then pour it into a bowl and set it aside. Wipe your skillet out with a paper towel, and then heat another Tablespoon or so of Olive Oil in the skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook your meat in the skillet until it is browned and nearly all the way cooked.
Add in your broccoli and the sauce and reduce the heat to low.
Stir it together and put a lid on the skillet. Let this cook together for just about 2 minutes, until the broccoli is steamed to just tender. Broccoli cooks very fast, so don’t over-cook it!
Finally, serve on cooked rice, topped with some sliced scallions. Enjoy!
Restaurant Style Mongolian Beef & Broccoli
- 2/3 c water
- 2/3 c soy sauce
- 1 head of broccoli, stem removed and florets separated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- 3 Tb corn starch
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, sliced
- cooked rice
- Begin cooking your rice.
- Prepare your broccoli and set aside.
- Combine water and soy sauce and set aside.
- Prepare broccoli, garlic and ginger.
- Slice the flank steak into 1/4 inch strips, cutting across the grain of the meat. If the steak is moist, pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the steak strips in a bowl with the corn starch, coating the meat.
- In a skillet or wok, heat 1 Tb of the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger for about a minute.
- Add in the water & soy sauce, the brown sugar and the red pepper flakes.
- Bring it to a simmer, and let it cook together about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce into a dish and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet out with a paper towel and heat the remaining olive oil over medium high heat.
- Cook the meat until it is browned and cooked nearly all the way through.
- Pour in the sauce and add the broccoli, stir it together. Reduce the heat to low, and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, steaming the broccoli.
- Serve this on cooked rice, topped with the sliced scallions.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.