Zucchini Chips are simple to make and oh so good! You can serve these as a side dish, a healthy appetizer or even as a great snack!
When your summer squash is going crazy in the garden, here’s a great way to use some up!
It all starts with zucchini slices.
Drizzled with some oil and lightly breaded with some goodies like Parmesan and fresh basil.
Bake them on a sheet.
Seriously, can you get any easier?
No garden this year? No problem! Run on out to your local farmers market or the grocery store and pick up some zucchini. Because you don’t want to miss out on these!
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c panko bread crumbs
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 zucchini
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set them aside for now.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the Parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, minced basil, garlic powder, black pepper and sea salt. Set it aside for a moment.
- Slice the zucchini into very thin slices, about 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch. Place the slices in a bowl and drizzle them with the oil. Toss to coat.
- Dip a zucchini slice in the breading mixture, coating both sides. Place the slice on a lined baking sheet. Repeat the process until they are all coated. The slices should be spaced enough so that they are not touching.
- Bake the zucchini chips for about 25 minutes, or until they are just turning slightly golden on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.