Heart-healthy salmon, pan-seared with coriander and served with steamed green beans & a caper dressing.
When I was a kid, I remember my mother always enjoying seafood when we went out to restaurants. Until a few years ago, I never really cared for any kind of fish other than the fried cod we would have at the fish fry on Friday nights. We often went to this locally famous restaurant called “Benedetti’s Supper Club” and I would be treated to a “kiddy cocktail.” I thought it was the neatest thing getting this fancy little red drink with the maraschino cherry on a skewer. It made me feel like such a grown-up 5 year old!
In recent years, I have started growing a love for seafood, and salmon in particular. There’s nothing like wrestling salmon to shore with your bare hands on the coast of Alaska to help you grow a fondness for it!
This is my latest salmon recipe, and I hope you enjoy it.
To begin, mince 1/4 cup of red onion.
Placed the minced red onion in a small dish and cover with 1/2 cup of water and a pinch of salt. Let it sit while you prepare the rest.
In another small dish, combine 2 tablespoons of capers with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Add in 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder and black pepper and a pinch of salt. Set that aside for now.
Trim and wash 1 pound of fresh green beans. Steam in a steamer basket until they are just tender. (Not pictured)
Meanwhile, grab 4 lovely salmon fillets.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of roasted coriander onto each fillet. Rub the coriander into the top of the meat.
In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil until fairly hot. Cook the salmon, flesh side down for 2-3 minutes, turn it over and cook another 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness.
Do this with all four fillets.
When the green beans are done steaming, drain the minced red onion and combine it with the caper mixture in a large bowl.
Add in the green beans and toss to coat.
- ¼ c minced red onion
- ½ c water
- 2 pinches salt, divided
- 2 Tb capers
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed & trimmed
- 8 tsp roasted coriander
- 4 (4 oz) salmon fillets
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- To begin, placed the minced red onion in a small dish and cover with the water and a pinch of salt. Let it sit while you prepare the rest.
- In another small dish, combine the capers with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in the garlic powder, black pepper and a pinch of salt. Set that aside for now.
- Trim and wash the fresh green beans. Steam in a steamer basket until they are just tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 2 teaspoons of roasted coriander onto each fillet. Rub the coriander into the top of the meat.
- In a skillet, heat the coconut oil until fairly hot. Cook the salmon, flesh side down for 2-3 minutes, turn it over and cook another 2-3 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness.
- Do this with all four fillets.
- When the green beans are done steaming, drain the minced red onion and combine it with the caper mixture in a large bowl.
- Add in the green beans and toss to coat.
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma’s Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
Treats and Sweets
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.